Data Protection, Privacy and Cookies
This page explains how the Royal College of Art (RCA) collects and uses personal data for TINKLE, why we collect it, how it is used, and what processes are in place in respect of personal information. All data kept within the College that falls within the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is recorded in the central Information Asset Register and associated Retention Schedule.
For more information, download the RCA’s full Data Protection Policy (PDF).
Visitors to RCA Websites
The RCA website collects data from website visitors for specific purposes that relate to legitimate interests concerning TINKLE’s core activity, specifically for posts on Latrinalia, TINKLE’s public forum, and other web forms featured on TINKLE. All forms on TINKLE are created using Formidable Forms and are protected by Google reCAPTCHA.
The RCA may use ‘cookies’ on any of its web sites. A cookie is a small text file that is sent from a web server to your browser and may be stored on your computer, designed to collect data for statistical purposes. RCA website cookies do not collect any identifiable personal information, but can automatically collect data based on visitor browser settings and context (e.g. location, device, browser, preferences) and the use of our websites. You can configure your own browser or social media platforms to control how much of your data is available through cookies.
How will we use the data?
- for analytics purposes – to count the number of unique visits to a page or click patterns, and understand the context in which visitors navigate through the website, so that we can improve the content and navigation
- to provide visitors with a tailored and appropriate experience, when they return to a website
- to match profiling data from third parties, to improve our services to users
- to report statistics internally and to regulatory authorities on request
- to measure website performance
- where such storage or access is strictly necessary for the provision of a service requested by the subscriber, visitor or user.
Links to other websites
TINKLE contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our website, and to read the privacy arrangements of other sites that collect or use personal data.
Subscribers to TINKLE posts and comments may at any time request to be removed, via the links in the email or by contacting email@example.com.
This is the website of the Royal College of Art, an exempt charity which operates under the Terms of a Royal Charter. Our registered office is:
Royal College of Art
London SW7 2EU
Complaints relating to the handling of Personal Data may be referred to the Royal College of Art Data Protection Officer who can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at:
Cheshire SK9 5AF